Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser
Saturday 19 January, 2019
Registrations close 5.00pm (ACST) Wednesday 9 January 2019
Team registrations close at 5.00pm (ACST) Sunday 4 November 2018
Join Cancer Council’s Ride for a reason team and hundreds of fellow riders who are helping to beat cancer. Earn high quality cycling kit, meet great people and have the ability to ride free in this year’s Challenge Tour!
- Official 2019 Challenge Tour event jersey – collection from the City of Adelaide Tour Village (must be worn on event day as entry identification)
- Rider identification and timing chip for all participants
- Option to ‘Ride for a Reason’ to raise money for Cancer Council SA
- Individual rider time recordings published by The Advertiser so family and friends can compare your time with the pros
- Cloak room service to transport your items from your nominated start location to the finish
- Lunch on arrival at the finish
- Post-event rider festivities area
- Live broadcast of Stage 5 of the Santos Tour Down Under on the big screen at the post-event rider festivities area
- Free viewing of Stage 5 of the Santos Tour Down Under finish
- Feed zones along the route
- Photographer along route ready to take your actions shots (images are available for purchase after the event)
- Medical support
- Mechanical support
- Sweep vehicles to take you to the next refreshment stop (if you are unable to continue or require mechanical support)
- A mechanically sound bike
- Australian approved helmet in good condition
- Your own water bottle and any additional snacks you need during the ride
- A spare tube, pump, puncture repair kit (including tyre levers)
- Wet weather gear, sunscreen, photo ID and mobile phone or money for a phone call
- You will need to supply your own security lock/chain, as this is NOT included in your registration
- Event organisers will not be responsible for bikes or personal items
CBD load location (to start lines): TBC
Depart from: Strathalbyn
Bus Transfers are available for you and your bike one-way or return to help make your day hassle free. Non-riders can also book these transfers if required.
Bikes will be treated with care; each bike is individually protected using blankets or cardboard. You may be required to help with loading your bike.
Depending on available bike storage, you may be required to remove the front wheel and/or remove the pedals and turn handlebars.
The Santos Tour Down Under, the Event Manager and the Contractor will not accept liability for lost, damaged or stolen luggage or property (including bicycles) during loading/unloading and in transit. It is recommended that participants take out their own insurance cover.
Bus transfers tickets must be purchased before 5.00pm (ACST) Wednesday 16 January, 2019.
For all booking enquiries, please call (08) 8463 4701, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org