‘Shut up down under’ with Jens Voigt
Bupa Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser
Friday 19 January, 2018
Ride start time: To be confirmed
"SHUT UP LEGS, please shut up and do what I tell you!” – Jens Voigt
Bringing his famous tenacity to the Bupa Challenge Tour, you have the opportunity to join Santos Tour Down Under Ambassador and former pro cyclist Jens Voigt as he tackles the full 137.4km km from Norwood to Uraidla in the Bupa Challenge Tour.
You can join Jens’ exclusive team – the Shut Up Down Under team and ride with this cycling legend.
Members of Jens’ team will receive an exclusive Shut Up Down Under jersey to wear during the ride, a private team event with Jens the night before the ride to motivate you for the next day, plus more.
- Official 2018 Shut Up Down Under jersey (must be worn on event day)
- Meet and Greet with Jens
- Identification and timing chip for all participants
- Individual rider time recordings published by The Advertiser
- Cloak room service to transport your items from your nominated start location to the finish awaiting your arrival
- Lunch on arrival at the finish and exclusive Shut Up Down Under pen
- Post-event rider festivities area
- Live broadcast of Bupa Stage 4 of the Santos Tour Down Under on the big screen at the post-event rider festivities area
- Free viewing of Bupa Stage 4 of the Santos Tour Down Under finish, live and in person
- Refreshment stations along the route
- Photographer along route ready to take your actions shots (images will need to be purchased after the event)
- Medical support
- Mechanical support
- Sweep vehicles to take you to the next refreshment stop (if you are unable to continue or require mechanical support)
- A mechanically sound bike
- Australian approved helmet in good condition
- Your own water bottle and any additional snacks you need during the ride
- A spare tube, pump, puncture repair kit (including tyre levers)
- Wet weather gear, sunscreen, photo ID and mobile phone or money for a phone call
- You will need to supply your own security lock/chain, as this is NOT included in your registration.
- Event organisers will not be responsible for bikes or personal items.
Bus Transfers are available for you and your bike one-way or return to help make your day hassle free. Non riders can also book these transfers if required.
Bus transfers tickets must be purchased before Wednesday 10 January, 2018.
For all booking enquiries, please call (08) 8463 4701, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org